*I’m posting every day in February as part of my determination to #makefebfun. For more info, read this post.*
Often I find myself reading and thinking and wanting to write about Serious Things. To add a little sunshine, I weave in a series of mini posts called Tidbits of Joy about things that are making me smile at the moment. Maybe they’ll make you smile too.
- One of my favorite library tricks played out well the other day; I scored two popular books, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and Daring Greatly by Brené Brown in the LARGE PRINT section.
- I finished my first book for the Modern Mrs. Darcy 2016 Reading Challenge: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. It was so well done and I found it strangely uplifting, if it’s possible that true crime can be uplifting.
GOOD EATING AND DRINKING:
- My parents, brother, sister-in-law, husband, kids, and I all went out to dinner to celebrate my mom’s 70th birthday. Our meal at the Bedford Village Inn was delicious. I had the shrimp pizza, which was topped with lemon aioli, which is one of my favorite things in the world. I also had an extremely tasty margarita – on the rocks with salt, just the way I like it.
- On the most recent Sorta Awesome podcast, Megan Tietz recommended a Spotify playlist called Hymns for Hipsters by Evan Lemkuil. It’s amazing. We listened to it on Sunday morning while munching on eggs and toast.
- I’ve been enjoying some of the Real Simple (as in the magazine) podcasts, especially the Things Cooks Know episode about making soup (I listened while making soup).
- Anne Bogel, a/k/a Modern Mrs. Darcy, just started her own literary matchmaking podcast called What Should I Read Next. She’s had some great guests already, including Jamie Golden and Seth Haines. I’m hoping to read Seth’s new book Coming Clean: A Story of Faith at some point this year.
- I finished all 10 episodes of Making a Murderer on Netflix. While the show was definitely flawed, it is worth a watch. I gasped out loud once toward the end. And I’m keeping my eye on the news for the latest developments.
- I’m currently watching the final season of Downton Abbey, and the thing I’m enjoying the most is Lady Mary’s hair. And the glitzy dresses. I want to be flapperish and chic. I just need to hire someone to do it all for me.
That’s all for now.